Saturday, October 6, 2012

Spatchcock - Episode 1 - "Waterfront"

I'm excited to introduce the innaugural episode of "Spatchcock", written and illustrated by DJ Stipe. I'm still working out the best method for publishing, but for now it will be a weekly published Saturday or Sunday mornings. This is my first attempt at such a venture, so your support is appreciated. Feel free to stick around after the comic and chase me down the Spatula Hole.



Down The Spatula Hole

The internet can be like a giant rabit hole - chasing the answer for one question can lead to a cavernous lair filled with previously unknown (and often times unwanted) gems.  Start looking for the population of fruit flies in Peru and you end up finding a must-have recipe for octopus bacon.  It's the magic of the internet (and the danger for anyone with a deadline).  Here on DJ Stipewriter, I want to save you time.  I've already been distracted enough for the both of us (or all three if someone besides my Sister is reading this).  So chase me down the Spatula Hole and see where it leads.

The lines in "On the Waterfront" that inspired this comic are so ingrained in our culture that I knew them long before I'd seen the movie.  Having seen Raging Bull first, I didn't get the full impact of that line until seeing Brando's performance much later.  Isn't it amazing how the exact same words can have such a different meaning given the delivery of the actor and the context of the screenplay?

No comments:

Post a Comment