Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Last Squeegy

There's a lot of bug shit and water stains distracting me on this journey
Dammit
I'm almost halfway there
Something's got to give
Keep a lookout for a vista
Or even one of those dirty rest stops
Dirty birds around the back
With dirty peckers
Because I'm not ready
I'm not quite ready to get there
let me know if you see a car wash
but not one of those roto jobbers with the red and blue wheels
Those scratch-imparting demons of childhood amusement
It's got to be touchless or do-it-yourself
then again
I could just wash the windshield when I get gas
but half the time they don't fill the buckets anymore, don't bother to add soap
or replace the squeegies when they get stolen.
Who steals those things anyway?
It's a symptom.
All of this is symptomatic -
a complete disregard for one's right to live life
without looking at the world
through the lens of a bug's asshole.

This is where western civilization ends:
The dissappearance of
the last
courtesy squeegy.



Thanks for your eyeballs.

- DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment